Thursday, June 07, 2007

ICEC Day #2



An "easier" day today - Rode 65-miles and then swam 1.2-miles in Mirror Lake. My riding partner and I (see photo) encountered a hostile native of Ausable Forks, NY, but managed to escape without injury or getting arrested. The weather warmed-up significantly during the ride. I was way overdressed and suffered from the heat. I shed as much clothing as would fit in my rear pockets for the final big climb into Lake Placid. I figure the added weight made for good training!

Late in the afternoon we had a grill-fest at the condo. All this training certainly gives one license to eat. I've pretty much been eating continuously since 7 am. Still feel hungry! I've burned roughly 7,000 calories over the past two days through exercise.

You can see from the other posted photo that even "ladies" have to make use virtual privacy of the Adirondak forestry. No, Lori, I did not take this photo! Four to seven hours on a bike, downing 16-24 oz of fluid per hour... something's got to give!




In my extreme fatigue last evening I forgot to mention that my front derail cable housing basically exploded as I was climbing Whiteface Mountain. Luckily I did bring a redundant bike so I could ride today as the shop made a speedy repair.

That's about it for day #2. Stay tuned for more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home