Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ironcamp - The Prologue

I started packing for the trip today. Man, are triathletes a high maintenance lot?! Riding, running, and swimming gear… bicycles… food… repair kits… pain medications and healing potions. Might as well be the Lewis and Clark expedition. All I’m missing are gunpowder and beads to barter with the natives. :-)

Have to admit a little apprehension about the looming 25-hour training week. I’m already a little tired today from stringing together three solid 13+ hour weeks. Some active recovery on Monday and Tuesday should have me ready to roll come Wednesday.

Tuesday is travel and camp check-in day. The hard stuff starts Wednesday. I have some goals for the week:

  • Boost cycling threshold power by 10% (in layman’s terms – get stronger!)
  • Commit the race course and scenery to memory
  • Convert my fear of IM distance to a confident respect
  • Return home tired but healthy

I’m looking forward to seeing Coach P and meeting Coach Rich Strauss of Crucible Fitness. If you’re interested in a glimpse of why I’m such a huge advocate of Patrick’s training philosophy, check out the May 30 and June 1 posts on his “10-hours a week” website http://www.10hoursaweek.com/wordpress/. Rings so true with me!

I plan to update my blog daily during camp. Hope you’re able to check in on the adventure…

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Dan- Are you Lewis or Clark? Nice to know you are keeping your sense of humor! Will be checking your blog daily, mainly to ensure you are still alive! Best to you during this bootcamp (you actually paid for pain?!?!?!). Stay healthy!
Stephanie (aka podium queen)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home