Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's Racing Season!


I was support crew today for the rest of my family as they all ran the Race Against Racism in Lancaster. Colin had a PR (personal record) in his 3rd attempt at 5k. As you can see from the photo, he paid the price! Those pink colored sour candies he ate last night seemed like a good idea at the time... Ah, no better teacher than the school of hard knocks! We'll pull this one out again on his wedding day. It's pretty cool stepping back and watching your kids participate. I predict Colin will be a good cross country runner. He'll be able to beat me in another year or two.


Right now I'm "tapering" for the NJ Devilman 1/2-Ironman triathlon next weekend. Ratcheted training back to 8-hours this week and I'm starting to jump out of my skin. This week will be all about physical, mental, and logistical prep work. I'll have to stay limber, hydrated, and eat wisely... lots of fruit and veggies! Maybe I'll be able to get a little extra sleep, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home