Sunday, April 22, 2007

Giving Back


My tri club and the whole Kerr family spent a good part of the weekend on the organizing and volunteering side of the triathlon fence. This morning we had incredible weather for our "Tri for Kids Sake" sprint triathlon, benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lancaster County. This was the second year for the race and we sold out weeks in advance.

Everyone who races should be involved in the planning of a race at least once. It gives you a good perspective on all the work and forethought it takes to pull off a great event. I think we did that today. Our modest tri club www.hempfieldtri.com and the Hempfield Area Recreation Commission www.hempfieldrec.com deserve many thanks for putting this race together. We're most thankful for our race director, Ryan Brubaker. Great job!

I was so busy running around that I wasn't able to take any decent photos.

We're two weeks and counting from my first race of the season...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan,

Thanks for your help with yesterday's Tri -- I was fortunate enough to compete in the event and it was top-shelf all the way... you guys were awesome! I blogged about it at: http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com/

Good luck with your Ironman training!

M

2:54 PM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Dan,
Thought I'd say hello. I was volunteering this weekend, too (I'm a friend of Ryan's) and really enjoyed the day. How beautiful! I'm going through similar training as you, with a half iron in the near future (July 1) and full in Wisconsin in September.

Glad to have found your blog and look forward to following your training. Cheers!
IM Able

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home