Wednesday, June 06, 2007

ICEC Day #1 Report


112-mile ride, 20-minute run.

Woke up to 38F raw air. We launched our ride at 7 am as a group from our condo (on the actual race course) and did a quick tour of the swim start and transition area. Glad I brought my winter riding gear!

From the ski jump site we separated and went off on our own. The race course is something like this - climb, climb, climb some more, then a long cold 6-mile descent into Keene, then a bunch of flats followed by an awkward rolling 14-mile out and back, then 12-miles of mostly climbing past Whiteface and back into town.

I took about a 10-minute fueling break after the first loop and went out for a second. Overall the course is tough. The climbs are long but not nearly as steep as a lot of the hills around home.

We had major plumbing problems at our condo. So bad, in fact, that we deemed it uninhabitable! We have moved to a new location near Whiteface for the rest of the week. This place is much more cozy, but not nearly as close to town.

I'm really whipped and simply must get to bed! Stay tuned for more...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Holding true to my word! Nice to see you survived day 1. My skin began to crawl when I saw 38F posted! Hopefully the ride put your mind at ease a little.
Until tomorrow...

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home