Sunday, July 08, 2007

Taper Time!

Two weeks until race day and it’s time for me to start tapering down. I recently sat down and looked at my training volume for the year. In the 26-weeks of 2007 I have…

  • Swam more than 100 miles
  • Bicycled about 2,400 miles
  • Run more than 600 miles
  • Spent 40 hours in the weight room

I’m definitely feeling the effects of accumulated fatigue. By Ironman standards, though, this is probably pretty far below the average training volume. What I’ve lacked in volume has been made up through intensity. By necessity my training time has been very focused, with very few “junk miles.” The time on my bike has been particularly intense. It’s a quality over quantity approach that has allowed me to keep functioning as a father and an engineer. This is why one hires a coach, folks!

With less than two weeks to go in our Bridge of Hope campaign, our fundraising total stands at $19,600. Thanks so much to all who have given and made this a meaningful journey! Lancaster Newspapers ran a nice story in their Thursday Intelligencer Journal. Check it out at this link http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/206511. I’ll be in the Comcast television studios on July 17th being interviewed for their “Newsmakers” program on Comcast 8. More as details become available!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home