Saturday, March 24, 2007

Wake Up Call


Ever see one of those ESPN Sunday afternoon bowling commercials, where some guy's angry bowling ball exacts revenge for being neglected? I had a similar experience last night. At 3 am sharp, my neglected golf clubs decided to tip over onto our bedroom's hardwood floor. CRASH!!! Sort of disturbed the silence of the night. I guess they're wondering why I haven't been bending or beating them very much over the past 4 years.
Unable to even think about sleeping again, I got out of bed and started fueling-up for an early morning long run. Mike, Nicole, and I launched from the Rec Center at 5 am and I managed to get my 10 miles in before the clock struck 6:30. At 3:30 I was at it again - swimming laps while Kyle played in the shallow end of the Rec Center pool. I cut my swim off at 1-hour, giving us enough time to play several killer games of "shark attack." Tomorrow afternoon I'll be simulating the bike leg of my upcoming Half Ironman with a 50-miler along the backroads near the Susquehanna River.

Yep, my weekend training volume has really ramped up and reality is starting to kick in. I must have been delusional to think I could keep active in all my volunteer activities through Mother's Day... More like St. Patrick's Day! So if you're on a committee or board of some sort with me, expect to be receiving a memo soon. Uncle! My agenda is clear for the next 4 months: Work - Parent - Ironman - Sleep - Repeat.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home