Sunday, March 04, 2007

Training Snapshot

A lot of you have been asking questions about my current training schedule. Right now I’m late in the “base” phase of training. The focus on base training is the building of an aerobic endurance foundation that will carry me through the entire training cycle. Nothing too intense, here, mostly just steady, monotonous motion in the pool and on the run. The bike is a little different. Our desire to build some biking muscular endurance, to permit high power output over a long period of time, has me working with some intensity in the saddle. To give you an idea of current workload, here’s my training schedule for the past week:

MON: Off. Light stretching at noon.
TUE: 1-hour swim before work, 45-min weight training at noon, and 1-hour of bike in evening.
WED: 1-hour run before work. 30-minute core strengthening at noon.
THU: 1-hour swim before work, 30-minute core workout and 45-minute run in evening.
FRI: 1-hour bike hill climbing before work, weight training for 45-minutes at noon.
SAT: 45-minute morning swim drills, 1-hour bike power benchmarking in afternoon.
SUN: 1:15 early morning run.

Weekly total somewhere near 11 hours of training. As March progresses my total training hours will increase as my weekend bike ride and run lengthen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home