Monday, July 16, 2007

10-Years and Counting


I’m sitting here in amazement at people’s generosity. The donations toward Bridge of Hope have been streaming in with regularity over the past several days. Our fundraising total has crested the $24,000 mark and I have reason to believe we’ll exceed our goal!

This week marks my 10-year anniversary with McClure Company. Much like the Ironman decision, at the time, my joining McClure was a bit of a stretch. 10+ years ago I was having a perfectly comfortable and secure career working for a good firm with good people. I had no guarantee of success in changing jobs. It was a parallel move professionally and financially. Why did I do it? The answer is remarkably simple for an analytical fellow like me – I felt in my gut that it’s what I was supposed to do. I labored over the decision for weeks, analyzing every possible detail of the move. The results of my thesis were completely inconclusive. And, just like Ironman, I made the move anyway and haven’t looked back.

I owe my colleagues a lot of gratitude for bearing with me over the past several months (if not 10 years!). We’ve had some fun with our unique Ironman marketing campaign. For those who haven’t been targeted by the campaign, we’ve attempted to raise awareness about the Bridge of Hope and have drawn comparisons between my training program and McClure’s “Ironman-like” attributes – Strength, Performance, and Passion.

Tomorrow I’ll be interviewed for the Comcast “Newsmakers” program, which airs on CNN Headline News. The program won’t be on TV for about 10-days. For those who missed the segment on Fox 43 News last evening, you can watch the video online by going to http://fox43.trb.com/ and clicking “7-15 Triathlon Fundraiser” under “Top Video.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home