Saturday, January 20, 2007

Planning Heats Up

Man… what a difference a week makes! I headed out on a group run this morning at 5:30. C-C-COLD WIND!!! There’s something about that group dynamic that gets you out the door after hearing the wind howl all night. A competitive camaraderie that keeps you from wimping-out.

As we finally start experiencing some seasonal winter weather, my race and fundraising planning are beginning to heat up. On the fundraising side, I’m pleased to report that my employer, McClure Company, has pledged a leading gift of $5,000. We're developing a mailing campaign to our entire customer base. If you would like to be on the mailing list, please let me know. The first piece will go out in mid-February.

I’ve also made all the necessary decisions relating to race planning. Here’s my lead-up plan…

  • March 11, Caesar Rodney Half Marathon, Wilmington, DE
  • May 6, New Jersey Devilman Half Ironman Triathlon, Cumberland County, NJ
  • June 5 thru 10, “Ironcamp” Training Block in Lake Placid, NY
  • July 22, Ironman USA, Lake Placid, NY

Now I must shift gears to another sort of planning… for Kyle’s birthday party tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home